Dreams and Possibilities: The Campaign for the New Century
In 1999, the American Speech-Language-Hearing Foundation launched its first-ever capital campaign with one vision: To build a future in the new century where the dreams and possibilities of 49 million children and adults in America with communication disorders can come true.
The Dreams and Possibilities Campaign is now concluded, and through the generosity of more than 600 corporate and individual gifts and 5-year pledges from our generous donors, it was an overwhelming success, surpassing the goal of raising $2 million, to support the education of strong doctoral candidates, equipping them for future academic leadership in the field of communication sciences and disorders and to support promising new or senior investigators to stimulate innovative research. These award recipients are committed to teacher-investigator careers in the university or college academic environment or in external research institutes.
The New Century Scholars Program, which is a direct outcome of the Dreams and Possibilities Campaign, has awarded over $1,650,000 to 165 individuals since its inception in 2003.
This successful campaign is:
- Accelerating the pace of funded research
- Encouraging talented doctoral students to pursue teacher-investigator careers
- Helping new investigators explore innovative approaches to assessment and treatment
- Enabling senior investigators to conduct research in areas of greatest need
- Stimulating partnerships to increase technology solutions
- Investing in the future of the professions by seeding a strong research base
- Ensuring that individuals with communication disorders can reach their full potential
We salute our Dreams and Possibilities Campaign Donors. Meet our New Century Scholars Doctoral Scholarship and Research Grant recipients.
The ASHFoundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization under the regulations of the Internal Revenue Service. All contributions to the ASHFoundation are tax-deductible to the extent provided by law.